Sunday, February 24, 2008

Chapter Three

It's been a few weeks since my past post as things have been pretty busy with work. Despite being plaged at the office, we've been able to get a considerable amount of work done though.
Ok, we all know that digging dirt, filling buckets with said dirt, and humping it up out of the basement isn't exactly exciting stuff, but that's pretty much the jist of what's been done.
Here are some pics:
Yours truly:


Meet Mike, my neighbor who's been good enough to lend me his heavy duty trailer that can hold about 2 Yards of soil (rougly 5400lbs) as it's rated for 2.5 tons (5600lbs). He's also been helping out (digging & humping buckets to his trailer). I've struck a deal with him in that he'd get paid by volume. ($100/yard.) After all is said and done, I figured that I had about 25 yards worth of soil, stone, & concrete to move - so he stands to make around $2500 for his time and energy.)



I've installed a few temporary lolly columns (in an overkill capacity) to make sure that the house doesn't settle and crackle my spackle in the dining room above.

Here are some pics that illustrate the new lolly columns in use (supporting the house) and the twisted 2x6's that are essentially now unsupported in the far half:

Stay tuned, as there's more to come. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

No comments: